Protective Waterproof Coatings & Membranes
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary on the Gold Coast is home to one of the largest collections of Australian native animals. Over 60 years old, The Sanctuary see thousands of tourists and locals through its doors every year in its 7 hectares of lush eucalypt and rainforest.
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is owned and operated by the National Trust of Queensland, an organisation that is dedicated to preserving The State’s natural and cultural heritage.
The Sanctuary’s crocodile pond enclosure required an VersEseal Liqud Rubber Quickset specification seamless rubber membrane applied to address a health concern affecting the crocodies when they enter and exit the pond. It also improved the aesthetics of the aging enclosure. VersEseal Liqud Rubber Quickset cushioned the concrete edge of the pond with a seamless membrane.
The VersEseal Liqud Rubber team applied a VersEseal Liqud Rubber Quickset membrane to an area of 160 square metres. Works were completed in two stages, with stage one taking 5 days and stage two taking 4 days with a 10 year warranty for the project. VersEseal Liqud Rubber Quickset was used under these circumstances due to its ability to:
- Adhesion to the surface
- Resistance to prolonged exposure to UV
- Cushioning properties
- Quick application as areas were unable to be shut down for long periods of time for repair
- Environmentally friendly products are very important for the wildlife industry as well as the state of Queensland
- Quickset was applied to and is very durable
- Durablilty when exposed to crocodile claws and body