Protective Waterproof Coatings & Membranes
Wagga Wagga City Council
Wagga Wagga City Council is located in SouthWestern NSW. Its sewage network covers some 20,000 residential and non-residential properties and transported 5800 ML of sewage in 2009.
Several sewage pump stations on the network had deteriorated significantly and where in need of repair due to the sewage corroding the conrete walls of each of these 15 pump stations.
VersEseal Liquid Rubber were contracted to apply VersEseal Liquid Rubber Rapid Build specification to each of these 15 pump stations to ensure that there would be no further damage to each pump station’s concrete walls. VersEseal Liquid Rubber Rapid Build was applied in multiple coats as required to achieve a 2mm dry film thickness. The team used an airless spray pump to apply the VersEseal Liquid Rubber Rapid Build to the walls of the pump station as well as all of the pipes, mounts, sensors and any electrical conduit contained within the pump station to ensure a total protection system within each wet well.
VersEseal Liquid Rubber product, as evidenced by Wagga Wagga City Council, was far superior in comparison to competing products, especially considering the Council was seeking a product that had excellent adhesion and elastomeric properties for varying surface types. VersEseal Liquid Rubber is also able to resist the high levels of corrosive gas produced by the sewage within the wet wells.
VersEseal Liquid Rubber Rapid Build speification offered Wagga Wagga City Council the following distinct advantages over competing products:
- Excellent resistance to corrosion from gases such as Hydrogen Sulphide
- Excellent adhesion to dated concrete and damaged surfaces
- Environmentally friendly, non toxic with no VOC’s
- Excellent elongation and recovery properties (over 850%)
- Excellent resistance to temperature variations
- Excellent sealing properties
- Efficent and short application time (per m2) and short curing time allowing for a significant reduction in downtime & cost, eliminating the need for extensive concrete repair/render work to the wet wells